Khmer Unicode For Android ICS

khmer_ICS

Description:

Nokorsoft’s ICS Khmer Unicode fonts (NKS_ICS_KH_V1.zip) installer package will replace the default Android ICS Roboto system fonts with Nokora fonts. Althought, it is not 100% perform, but it does most of the job.  The KNS_ICS_EN.zip is an installer to restore fonts back to ICS default fonts. Tested on Acer Iconia Tab a500.

Requirement:

1./ a rooted Android ICS device

2./ CWM or TWRP recovery system

Installation:

Always backup your important data before doing this.  No warranty.

1./ nks_ics_kh_v1.zip for Khmer Unicode installer, nks_ics_en.zip for default ICS system fonts. Copy the files to your sd card.

2./ boot into recovery mode.

3./ select “install zip from sdcard

4./ choose zip from sdcard, then the file you want to install.

5./ reboot your phone.

Download Link:

- nks_ics_kh_v1.zip (Khmer Font unicode on ICS)

- nks_ics_en.zip (restore back to default Android system font)

You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.

17 Responses to “Khmer Unicode For Android ICS”

1. Nguon Vimean says:

nks_ics_kh_v1.zip (Khmer Font unicode on ICS) Not full characters for SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE N7000..
    need to re-edit the Lib of it.. but i can not do it ..
    help..

• Meka says:

I tested the package on my Acer iconia Tab a500, it works straightaway, no need to update the webcore lib or skia lib.
      I don’t have the galaxy note, so I couldn’t test the package.

You need to download the source code of libskia (or webcore) and then hard code Khmer unicode table into it as per this instruction http://finder.com.kh/khmer_android.pdf

The hard bit is to obtain the source code from samsung or Google. I am not to sure that the libskia from google code will work for your phone.

You can try Cambodia Android User Group facebook page (CAUG), they may have a solution for you.

2. Songheng says:

I have tested the package on my galaxy nexus, but it does not work 100%, it works only browser and facebook app but not 100% perfect, for other app like message does not work… please help…

• Meka says:

I have Galaxy Nexus‌ too. I spent‌ 16 hours‌ try‌ing to modify and compile‌ the‌ libskia‌ from google code‌. i have successfully modified and compiled it. But my phone was stuck in boot loop after replacing the libskia.so. I think we need to download the whole ICS source codes (between 11GB – 18GB). I haven’t tried that yet.

3. imwa says:

Have you ever tested on Xperia Neo V ICS 4.0.4?

4. Bondeth says:

Thanks!… It works great on my device Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman :)

5. sanborann says:

why samsung company not pay for khmer font and keyboard ?

All we no need to help cook for samsung eat

• Meka says:

Cambodia maket‌ is too small for Samsung‌. LG‌ doesn’t‌ think‌ like‌ samsung‌. LG‌ is better‌ in this case.

6. Visai says:

Could u tell me how to install keyboard khmer on ICS??

7. touchchanny says: